Swabian diligence: the will to achieve something and a fair amount of courage. These were the ingredients with which EMIL SCHMID MASCHINENBAU was founded 60 years ago. Today, the company operates together with the companies EST TECHNOLOGIE, INDA WASSERSTRAHLTECHNIK, ALBRECHT MARKERT and SCHMID MACHINERY as the SCHMID GROUP – a group that produces the best possible product for their customers.
Emil Schmid Maschinenbau celebrates its 60th anniversary in 2020.
Emil Schmid Maschinenbau moves into its new company building in
EST moves into its new company building in Aalen-Ebnat (Germany).
Management transfer to the next generation.
Change of name to
"Emil Schmid Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG".
15,500 m2 of manufacturing and assembly space are available at Sonnenbühl. Global floor space: 25,000 m2
Employees of Emil Schmid Maschinenbau: 240
Employees of the Schmid Group: 350
Participation in Schiller Automation
in Sonnenbühl (Germany).
Establishment of Schmid Machinery in Changzhou.
Emil Schmid Maschinenbau celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2010.
Addition of the "Südhalle" (South Hall), an assembly building requiring 45,000 m3 of excavation, 3,500 t of pre fabricated concrete parts and 1000 t of concrete; shop floor: 4,500 m2, 142 m long and 32 m wide.
An oversized assembly line for engine assembly is designed and built, with a conveyor length of 1.2 km. Truck and trailer made 84 round trips to deliver the entire system.
Acquisition of A. Markert Clean-tec GmbH at Engstingen (Germany).
Commissioning of the first Peoplemover at Pfullingen (Germany).
Addition of a manufacturing building.
Opening of the company cafeteria.
Emil Schmid receives the Business Medal of the State of Baden-Württemberg.
Addition of the PM assembly building for large-scale projects.
Acquisition of INDA Wasserstrahltechnik GmbH at Neckartailfingen.
Installation of a paint shop with a modern exhaust system.
Formation of EST GmbH+Co. KG at Oberkochen.
Patent application for the Peoplemover.
Addition of the fourth assembly building.
Formation of the electrical design department
Addition of an administration building.
Formation of Schmid Konstruktionen.
Addition of the third assembly building.
Construction of the second assembly building.
New assembly building at Melchinger Str. 19 with 1100 m2 of floor Space.
Series production of the first small lathe.
Design and production of the universal dead stop.
The first apprentice was hired.
Addition of a workshop offering 250 m2 of space
Conversion of the former barn and relocation to this building, now with 70 m2 of space and four employees.
Relocation of the workshop to the residential building in Gottlieb-Sauer-Straße (Willmandingen-Germany).
40 m2 were available here and the company's first employee was hired.
1. November 1960
Formation of E. Schmid Maschinenbau. Everything started with a head full of ideas, a lathe and a great deal of dedication in a space of just 8 m2 in a barn belonging to the founder's parents.